I thought I would share one of the easiest dessert recipes E.V.E.R. Most of the desserts I make are easy, I don't do complicated! Takes too much time, and I would rather be spending my time eating the desserts instead of baking them ;-)
If you have never heard of dump cake before, it was a recipe that became popular in the 80′s by church cookbooks and potlucks. You basically dump a few cans of fruit in a pan, cover it with cake mix and butter and bake it.
This is the same idea, only I used pumpkin instead of fruit!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your nuts or graham crackers and toffee chips.
- Pour your melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
** serve with sweetened whip cream or ice cream, I served mine with my vanilla honey ice cream **