I thought I would share my cookie contribution for the cookie exchange tonight.
HOME MADE PEPPERMINT OREOS.
The website I found the recipe from has much prettier pictures, but they sure taste good!!
HOME MADE PEPPERMINT OREOS
- 1 box devils food cake
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TB milk, or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint extract
- Andi's crushed peppermints
- Combine egg and butter in a large bowl. Mix until combined. Pour in devil's food cake and mix until the batter is smooth (about 2 min). Roll dough into a ball and push flat onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and allow cookies to completely cool.
- For frosting: Mix together butter. Next add milk, vanilla and peppermint extract. Then slowly add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Frost one cookie on the BOTTOM and then sandwich another cookie on top. I like to use a lot of frosting (make sure it's coming out the sides). Then dip the sides of the cookie into crushed peppermint andis.
Enjoy!!!!! I prefer mine with a tall glass of cold milk ;-)