I am absolutely loving this Spring weather! The warm sunny days have me itching to work outside! The girls are now 5 and 3 and they are at a fun age where I feel we can actually do (and for the most part) enjoy activities together. One we all enjoy, is working/playing in the garden!
My lavender is just starting to bloom. This year I want to be intentional about using more herbs and flowers from the garden. One way to do that is to make home made scrubs!
Sea Salt Hand Scrub
1 cup coarse sea salt 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil 5 to 7 drops lavender essential oil
Equipment Dry measuring cups 10-ounce glass container (I used a canning jar) Fork
- Grab your supplies. You'll need 1 cup coarse sea salt, 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil, 5 to 7 drops of lavender essential oil, and a 10-ounce glass container.
- Add the salt. Pour 1 cup of salt into the empty glass container.
- Add the oil. Pour 1/2 cup of coconut oil over the salt.
- Add essential oil. Add 5 to 7 drops of essential oil to mixture.
- Stir the mixture. Stir all ingredients until well combined.
- Seal and gift. Seal the jar and affix a label or gift tag to the top.
- Use scrub sparingly — about once or twice a week — by spooning a small amount into your hands, gently rubbing it in, rinsing it off with warm water, and drying your hands thoroughly.
- This makes a sweet gift, especially with Mother's Day right around the corner. You can easily affix a label, add a tea towel and you have a sweet, hand made Mother's Day gift that any lady in your life would like!
- I adapted this "recipe" from www.thekitchn.com.